Monday, January 26, 2009

Weight Update

You may have noticed that I skipped my Weight Update last week. Well, we were traveling last Monday and I spent the whole week playing catch up. Weeks that we have Monday off really screw me up!

Anyway, I weighed this morning and I was back to ground zero. Nothing lost, but nothing gained. I did start off the day taking the kids to school and going straight to the gym. I did cardio and upper body. I was out of there around 9:30 and it really made for a great day. I started a food diary today and to hold myself responsible, I may have to post my daily intake. I had a slim fast for breakfast, a mid morning Dr. Pepper, a bagel with cream cheese for lunch and two burritos for dinner. For me, that was pretty good. As I drove thru McDonald’s to get my Dr. Pepper, I wanted a breakfast sandwich so bad, but then I thought about having to post it and didn’t do it. I think I would have had a better lunch, but kind of messed up my timing. My sweet daddy watched Major for me while I went to the grocery store (so I wouldn’t have to get the baby out in the cold and rain – I have a great dad!). When I was in the checkout line I got the shakes. I came in the house and the first thing I could get my hands on was a bagel. I literally ate it while I was unloading the car.

Now I want to tell you about a phone conversation I had with my sister today. You will be able to fill in the blanks as to what my responses were. The key here is to read this as fast as you possibly can. Don’t take a breath, just read…”you at the gym?”…”good, I’m proud of you”… “I took Bella to the dentist this morning, did you know that you should be brushing your kids teeth till they are 8?”… “ I know, that’s what I said. Maybe till they go to school, but if they are going to school they can brush their own teeth.”…”Did I tell you that I am taking those 5 Hour Energy shots?” … “they are great. I take one in the morning with my vitamins and it lasts me at least 7 hours, and I have so much energy. I can get so much done. You should really try them. I know you are tired all the time too, and they are really great. You can get them anywhere. I got some at CVS and Walgreens.”… ok you can take a breath now. I laughed my tail off thinking about that today. She cracks me up. I did buy me some of those shots. They sell them at Wal-Mart too. It says that it has a bit of caffeine in it, but I can drink 4 to 6 Dr. Peppers a day, so I am no stranger to caffeine. They only have 4 calories, so I would have to drink about 50 of them to meet my current Dr. Pepper calorie intake. I won’t.

1 comment:

Am said...

Great conversation!