Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Black, Blue, This and That

I have been wearing a pair of pants all day, and I still haven’t figured out what color they are. I wore black boots and a blue sweater with a navy stripe and these pants. Sometimes they look black and sometimes they look blue. I wanted to ask someone random, but I didn’t want anyone to think I was on crack. This was the first time I wore them, and they are warm, and look ok on me, so I will probably wear them again… I just wonder what color they are.

I had a pretty crummy morning. I drove through for my favorite breakfast and they forgot the cheese on both of my taquitos and gave me old salsa. But the Dr. Pepper was out of this world. I had to make several call backs because my calls from yesterday were not returned. And I am not really feeling myself… all of this together made for a crummy start to my day. About midmorning I decided that the rest of the day would be good because I was getting all the mess over early.

The day has come together nicely. I went and saw several properties. I got a strange vibe all over the place, so I knew it was me. But that’s ok. After that I met my sister at a girl friend’s house who sells children’s clothes. She was closing out her holiday and 08 spring lines and having a great sale! Woo Hoo! Cute kids clothes – on sale! Now that is the way to wrap up a day.

I went and got the kids, then we had to go to the grocery store to get something for dinner. (Apparently, I find it easier to go to the store every day this week rather than to have just gone for the week on Sunday.) On the way home from the store, from the back seat I hear “I like big butts and I cannot lie…” If you guessed Mavrick, you are right. The child has only heard that song on the movie Shark Tales, and doesn’t know any more than the chorus. There is nothing like being serenaded by your seven year old with the big butt song. Yep, good times.

Michael has basketball practice tonight. His coach is tough – he thinks. She, Coach E., just works the boys. Makes them run, do suicides, really practices skills with them. It’s not just some bouncing the ball around. I think she is good, just not touchy-feely at all. I am really hoping that through this, he is developing a love for basketball. He needs some type of physical activity to be passionate about. He is like me, looks like Mark, but physically is like me. He will be fighting being fat every day, he eats terrible, and isn’t wild about exercise. It is a hard way to live.

Major has gotten to the stage where when it is bed time he fights it like crazy to go to sleep. He will get real wrestles. I have had to just finally lay him down and let him cry it out the last few nights. I hate it, but it really freaks Michael and Mavrick out. The first night, Michael told Mark that I was torturing the baby. But as always, each night it gets easier and the crying is shorter and shorter. He is an awesome baby. He has started saying “Dada” and will just talk and talk. I am enjoying it.
I don’t know if I have mentioned it lately, but I am so in love with my boys (all four of them). Each one of their different personalities and mannerisms are amazing. I am so blessed. I thank God that I am here to be a part of this! I never realized how in love you could be with these crazy little beings that come in and turn your life upside down. But WOW! What a ride, and I am so looking forward to the next 60 years with each one of them.

No comments: