Sunday, January 4, 2009

The Change

Ok…I’m serious… I’m committed… this is it…this time I am going to do it…

Tomorrow morning, I am changing my life. I am going to start eating better (which believe me won’t be difficult) and I am going to exercise regularly. So, why is this going to be any different then the last 50 times I decided to do this? I am going to be doing it in front of you. You are my accountability. I am doing it for me, but I am going to hold myself accountable by either succeeding or failing on this blog.

A girlfriend of mine has decided to do this on her blog and check in weekly. She is precious, and smart, and calm, and has her stuff together… I like to think I could have been like her if I would have chosen to. Anyway, she has something like 15 pounds to lose for a wedding this summer, so obviously, mine will last a bit longer. But I am dedicated, and I can do this.

A guy I went to high school with in Texarkana is doing the same thing. He started Jenny Craig and is doing a video blog and putting it on Facebook. I am so proud of him. I do not have the guts to do that!!! I am really proud of him.

Anyway, the plan is to get up in the morning and weigh and take my measurements and a frumpy picture, then hit the gym. I will take Major, so we will have to go and be back in time for his 11:00 nap. (BTW – yes, I am THAT mom. I am taking my kid to the nursery with a runny nose. He has been on anti-biotics for a week. He shouldn’t have anything that another kid could catch.) I bought a magazine with some workouts in it, and I am going to start one tomorrow. I purchased some fruit and veggies and some other “better food choices” this afternoon at the grocery. I am feeling pretty good about it.

I will do my check in’s on Monday’s, so make sure you check back with me and keep me accountable. And feel free to cheer me on. I have at least 30 pounds to lose. That is 20 pounds more than I weighed when I graduated high school. And my 20th class reunion is this year, so I figure a pound a year is reasonable weight gain and should be allowed. Wish me luck! I’m gonna be lookin’ fine in 2009!

3 comments:

Am said...

Yea Michelle! You can TOTALLY do it!

Julie B said...

Michelle, this is random, but I'm working while listening to your playlist on here, and your songs make me weepy! I'm on the verge of tears listening to all these sweet songs.
:)

Christy said...

You can do it! I'm right there with you! I'm gonna be checking back every Monday (and every other day) to see what has happened. So, how has the first few days gone??? Any progress?