Monday, January 12, 2009

Blog Confession

I don’t know if this has been a topic on my blog or not. It is embarrassing, so probably not. But now it is confession time.

I don’t give Major enough baths. I don’t. We are doing good for him to get a bath once a week. Granted, he gets a wash down every time I change his diaper and after eating. And it’s not like he gets dirty. But as far as a scrub and good hair washing, it just doesn’t happen often. I do have a reason, though not a good one. He hates the bath. Really, HATES it! It is a beating. And we have done everything… showers… baths… in with Mark… in with me… by himself… He HATES it!

Tonight it had gone too far. He got really messy eating a snack, then eating dinner. He was nasty, and it was time. Usually, Mark will put him in with me and we will do a quick wash and get him out FAST. Well, Mark wasn’t home yet. So, I got all the towels and toys I could find, and he and I got into the tub upstairs. This was the one thing we had not tried yet. He was not happy… at first. But I kept talking to him and playing with the toys and he sat on my lap. Then he stopped crying. We kept talking and playing. I sat him on the bottom of the tub. We kept talking and playing. I washed him. We kept talking and playing… 20 minutes later we got out… and he peed on the floor.

But it was so exciting! It was finally OK. Mark and I were really worried that maybe he was allergic to water and it burned him. Or maybe he was having tragic memories of coming down the birth canal. Something had to be wrong. His reaction, even from the first bath, has always been really, really bad. I am so happy! I can stop worrying about CPS showing up or the Dr asking how often I bath him. I can’t wait till tomorrow... ok, probably Wednesday, to give him another bath!

No comments: