Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year to one and all! I am really excited about 2009! I have big plans about my house and my business. I am excited that our finances are finally going to be in a better place. My life is wonderful, my family is (mostly) healthy. My relationships are good, and I am going to clean up what needs to be taken care of! I am excited about 2009!

Last night we spent the evening with friends and neighbors bringing in the New Year. We usually have a party here at home, but with Major being so little, we had it with some neighbors on the street behind us. I have found a sweet girl to babysit, so she and a friend came over and stayed with Major. We had a good time. They boys got to play with other neighborhood kids, and there was a bounce house. It is always fun to hang out and ring in the New Year. Mark really likes having the party at our house better, because he is a home body, so next year we will probably do it at our house again. I will just carry Major all night.

In my last entry I told you that Major was sick and we were going to the Dr. Well, both of his ears were infected, and he was very congested, but he was crying so hard that she couldn’t tell if it had moved into his chest, and there was no way she was getting a good look at his throat. She gave him some antibiotics and another Rx. That was Monday, his nose is still running, but he is not as cranky. Don’t get me wrong, the key word there is “as” cranky. He is still very clingy, and seems to be more so when he is sick. That is a beating for me, cause I just can’t get anything done. Let me correct that, everything takes twice as long because I only have one hand to do it with, while the other hand is holding him.

We are trying to ease Michael and Mavrick back into their routine. School starts back on Monday. It has been nice to have them home the last two weeks, but time has flown by. They are such good boys, and really a pleasure to be with. They have their moments, but for the most part they are great. I am so blessed!

Mark is dealing with server issues. I don’t know if the church put in a new server, or just what is going on, but he has been working on this server thing since before Christmas, and is putting in some crazy hours. Our neighbor, Bobby, asked him last night what his hours were. He really couldn’t give him an answer – daylight till dark? Till the job is done. I think it was Tuesday night that he didn’t get home until 11:30, then he was back to work at 8:00. He likes his job though, and doesn’t want to let anyone down. I am proud of him. I miss him, but I am proud of him.

As for me, I am rested and excited for the new beginning in front of me. I will start back to yoga tomorrow, then we are watching the Tech Bowl (aka Cotton Bowl) at my sister’s house. I am going to move my sewing stuff upstairs on Saturday, then try to start painting Mavrick’s room next week. It’s going to be a great year!

No comments: