Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A Lame Bird

Every day when I pick up the boys, we come home up I-35. There is this entrance ramp that I hate, but I never have any problems, so I use it anyway. You see, if you don’t get on the road fast enough, you could run your car right into some pylons that I imagine could split your car in half. Scary!

So, today we were getting on the highway and trying to merge – at the speed of traffic. I saw a truck, just by the grace of God, who was traveling in my blind spot. As my personality would dictate, I sped up. So did he. Then I slowed down. So did he. I finally had to just about stop or be split in half by the pylons. As he passed me, FINALY, I honked and shot him the finger. It wasn’t a real strong one… It has been a long time and I am out of practice. It was a lame bird.

As I passed him, I hope he noticed that he didn’t get another finger, stared at, or mouthed what I was thinking. It was only because I have a Christian School bumper sticker, an Upwards magnet and a fish that says Jesus on the back of my car. I AM that parent that the pastor didn’t want to have the school’s bumper sticker.

No comments: