Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Never

At some point in my life I had a friend and we used to talk about “nevers.” We would see, hear, and even do things, and it would occur to us that one should never really do those things. I think her name was Ashley and we were good friends from around my senior year in high school till about the time I went to Tech.

I recalled this today as I waited at Wally World for an hour and a half for my Rx this morning. I had a BAD night last night and went on back to the Dr today… still don’t know what it is, but it’s not mono. Anywho, when you live in a small area that has one WW to serve a diverse group of people, diverse on every level, one might see a list of “nevers” while waiting an hour and a half, just as I did today.

Never should a woman over 50 (and I am being nice, she looked closer to 65) wear her hair in pig-tails with purple bows. This person looked like Ellie May with grey hair, ringlets and all. To additionally offend the fashion police, she was wearing a purple t-shirt and bell bottom jeans with huge purple embroider flowers on the legs. Ok, I am a bitch. A sick bitch at that, but ladies, dress your age! Please! When in doubt, call me. I am nearly 38 years old and a mother of three, but I know that my days in a bikini are over! Even WHEN I have my rockin’ bod back, I will not be wearing a bikini in public…now if Mark will ever build me a pool here at the house, all bets are off… but I am talking about in public.

Ok, nuff said.

Never should a person wear a work shirt with their name on it, like “Kellie” and their employer on it, like “Lake Dallas ISD” and be purchasing a six pack of Coors Light at 12 noon on a Wednesday. This one just leaves me in awww! I know that many workers have to wear uniforms, and it doesn’t bother me to see a whole slew of them at happy hour drinking it up. It actually helps, because if I have too much to drink I don’t have to clutter my mind with their names, I can just read their shirt. It is helpful. However, we are in the WW, at noon, and by all appearances, you work for the local ISD and you have stopped in for a liquid lunch. Does anyone else have an issue with this? Am I just a prude? Or is this a bad judgment call?

I may be bothered by this because of the background in a sorority. We were never supposed to drink in our letters – that means t-shirt, necklace, etc. Take it off, tuck it in, turn it around, but don’t drink in your letters.

1 comment:

Am said...

That is just bad! Pigtails...no thank ya! And was "Kellie" on the clock????
Okay if you turn your letters around, you're still wearing them Michelle. Ask Jen what her question regarding appopriate behavior and "letters" was when she first joined ADPi.