Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Negative Self Talk

I got up this morning and took the boys to school and then hit the gym. While on the treadmill I read an article in the March Shape Magazine. It was about the lady that they are following this year on her weight loss journey, and her negative self talk. I am really bad about talking to myself really bad. I would never talk to anyone the way I talk to myself. I am the most critical person, and 5 times worse when It comes to myself.

So, the lady in the article went and talked to her “Life Coach” about it, and the coach wanted her to name this ugly, trash talkin’ part of her in order to realize that she is not her friend. She named her “Cindy.” Then the Life Coach had her write down the negative comments that Cindy would make. This lady said that she had no idea how bad she talked to herself, and in just one month of doing this exercise she has made huge strides in the way she talks and treats herself.

After a course of events, I found myself laying on the shower floor about noon, probably coming down with the flu. As I lay there letting the hot water pound my body, I realized that I talk bad to myself so often that I don’t even realize that I do it anymore. So I named her. She is “LaDonna” and she is a beotch. I have told her numerous times this afternoon to shut up. I am so glad that I came across that article. I think I am going to enjoy this.

1 comment:

Christy said...

TOO FUNNY! I talk to myself all the time too. LaDonna, go to H@!!