Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Girl Ain't Right
If you have read previous entries, you will know that I am just a little crazy right now. Well, probably a bit always, but more so right not. I got up Monday morning and knew right away I had PMS. It was like my head was about to explode because all the stuff in it was TOO big – literally and figuratively. The entire week I have felt out of sorts and just not comfortable in my own body. It truly is a strange and unpleasant experience.

Obviously, I think I have not been RIGHT in some time. Mark thinks it is probably my thyroid. I feel like neither one of my Drs really listen to me like I need them to in regard to this subject. A girlfriend in the hood told me about a nurse practitioner, Mary, that she went to when she was in the same situation a little over a year ago. I had thought about going to Mary for a while now, but really decided to go when my OBGYN told me I would be a candidate for a hysterectomy. Mark wants to make sure that I don’t have major surgery and think I will be back to good, and then not be.

I saw Mary Wednesday morning. She thinks Mark might be right. She asked me all these questions and my answer was “yes” to all but one. She wanted me to do a fasting blood draw, which I did Thursday, so hopefully I will hear something early next week.

I also had an appointment with my OBGYN yesterday, to see what my uterus is doing. Well, it is no longer heart shaped, like it should be. I have tiny fibroids all over the place, the size of a thumb nail. And the lady doing the sono asked “how many kids have you had.” I told her three, but wanted to know if it looked like 12! LOL! The Dr. was talking to me about eblazion (?), then asked what size my uterus was. The sono lady said “9”, and the Dr went back to talking about a hysterectomy again. LOL! Of course, I am all over the place wondering what size a normal uterus is???

I really think I think too much! LOL!

No comments: