Friday, June 25, 2010

A snake story.

OK. I will warn you, this entry contains TOO Much Information. But without it, the story is not near as funny!

The boys and I had spent the last few days at Mom’s and came home today. Well, this morning, I was in the bathroom doing my business when I heard mom come in the front door and yell “Michelle! Come here!”…”Michelle Kay! Come Here!” It was the kind of voice that you would think someone was dead. Really! But since I could hear all three of the boys asking her ”what is it?” I knew they were ok. So, she must have cut her hand off. Why else would she be yelling like that? So I pulled my pants up and went running.

I get to the front door and it is a snake slithering across the front yard. Mom says “do you know how to load a gun?” I said “no!” I have an automatic pistol that you just push the cartridge into, and I knew she was talking about a shot gun! So, I said, you get the gun and I will follow it. So I slipped on her white rubber clogs, which looked fantastic with my boxer shorts and tank top that I slept in, and grabbed the hoe and went around to the side of the house and found it again and followed it. – Sidebar: I am deathly frightened of snakes! I will cry if you talk to me about one! Once at the Town of Flower Mound, I had to go out in a field and check some cars for an auction and the grass was high and I was so scared that I cried when I asked someone to mow in that area before I could finish my job! – So I have my hoe in my hand and get closer to the snake and it stops. He knows I am there and he blows up on the sides like a cobra! I honestly don’t know why I did not pee on myself right then and there! I must have been a sight with my hoe raised like I was going in for the strike. Then here comes mom.

I turned around in she is in her nighty, that is short and has spaghetti straps, and a pair of my daddy’s ropers! LOL! Again, I honestly don’t know why I did not pee on myself right then and there! And she is carrying a broken garden tool, not a gun!

Well, by this time the snake has slithered up under this really big propane tank, and she would not have been able to shoot at it anyway. She poked around under it into the leaves, but the snake didn’t come back out. So we went back inside and got on the internet to find out what kind of snake it was. I don’t remember what we decided… something about a hog. Anyway, I asked her “why did you bring that broken garden too and not a gun?” She had not been able to find the key to the gun cabinet since daddy died. Needless to say, we had found the key within the next hour. And I did finally get to finish my business!

Good times at the Farm!

No comments: