Friday, January 29, 2010

Road Trip Week

WOW! What a busy week. The past several days have been packed full of fun and running around! On Monday, the boys had their gym class and that evening we went to the ADPi house so I could go over some housing stuff with the members. Then we drove to Mom and Dad’s and spent the night.

Tuesday we hung out with mom and dad and the boys burnt leaves. Tuesday afternoon we went to check out a dirt bike track that is just down I-20 from Mom and Dad. It was closed that day, but we got to see it and it looks like it would be A LOT of fun. So, as soon as the boys get comfortable on their dirt bikes we are going to take them there.

Wednesday we drove down to Austin to go to the UT v. Texas Tech game. We had a great time! Mavrick was the DJ on the way down (he called shotgun on Monday because Michael always sits in the front with me). We stopped by the Temple Ronald McDonald House on the way down and dropped off a few boxes of things that the Alumnae Association had collected. The lady there was so nice, she gave both of the boys a baseball cap.

When we got to Austin, we went to Glenda and Marla’s then out to dinner with them. It was very rushed, but a lot of fun.




Then we headed to the game. Finding a parking spot was a beating. I had no idea that there would be that many people at a basketball game. So, we parked in a parking garage that was like 2 miles from the basketball facility. By the end of the evening, I did not feel bad that I had not exercised that morning. The game was good, but Tech lost. The boys said that they really enjoyed it. It was fun just spending time with them.



After the game, just as we walked out of the facility, Mavrick said “I gotta pee.” I told him that was too bad and he would have to wait. I thought for sure we would find a place that was dark enough for him to go. We didn’t. When we got to the parking garage there was a LONG line to get out. I told Mav just to go behind the car and take care of his business. He thought it was hilarious that he had “pissed on UT.” I love that kid. He is so dang funny! 45 minutes later, when we were still in line to get out of the parking garage I had to unbutton my pants because I had to pee so bad! But I held it till we got back to Glenda’s.


Thursday we all slept in. It was nice, but I knew we had to get home and we were on a schedule. We went and met my friend, Darcy for lunch before we left town. Darcy moved to Virginia about two years ago, and now has been back in Texas, Austin that is, for about two weeks. We were really good friends, so it is good to have her back in these parts.

DFW was expecting a HUGE rain storm on Thursday. Sure enough, we got it! And me and the boys were driving in it. We had to go back to the farm to get Major before going home. And Mavrick had basketball practice at 7:00, and Michael’s was 7:30. So, we went as fast as we could in the rain, and made it all happen. I will tell you though, I was one tired little momma when we got home.

My back was all tight, and I could hardly pick up Major out of his car seat. I took a muscle relaxer and had some mommy juice, and POW! I was out. When I woke up this morning to go to the CUBE, I was still drunk! That pill really worked! I had to call us in sick! So today we have just taken it real slow. I am exhausted, and I don’t know if it is that I am just that tired or if I am hung over from muscle relaxer!

No comments: