Sunday, January 10, 2010

Dead in my tracks!

Do you ever come across something that just stops you dead in your tracks? It’s so random, and your mind moves so quickly that you suddenly notice that you’re not breathing. I did today. I was on FaceBook and saw a picture of a friend of mine with his little brother. They are cute guys and you can tell that they are close. It was a good picture.

When I saw it I thought “aww. That’s a good picture.” But all of the sudden I was thinking, “I had a brother. He was a lot taller than me too. I wonder what he would be doing today. Where he would live. Who he would be married to. What his kids would be like.”

I think I have taught myself not to think, and especially dwell, on it. But when I go there, I still crash pretty hard. So, I stood in the kitchen and cried for about 30 minutes. This year will be 20 years. To me, that is unbelievable! Unbelievable.

No comments: