Friday, April 22, 2011

Good Friday

Today was Good Friday. Our first one in the public school arena. Denton ISD was originally closed today, but had class due to the bad weather days that we took earlier in the year.

Yesterday, I had some things to do and mom came over and picked up Michael for me. Well after a long turn of events, I decided that my boys could take off today, as long as they would discuss the true meaning of Good Friday. So of course they wanted to go to Honey's house. I think at first Michael wanted to go by himself, but Honey said "its all or nothing." So all three of them went.

I had a glorious day. I slept late, went shopping to complete my Easter ensemble,got a pedicure, made all the boys Easter baskets, did some laundry, and paid some bills. It was really nice to get so many things off my to do list.

I also applied for a small home improvement loan. We (more me then anyone) are considering putting a pool in. Swimming is supposed to be excellent therapy for people with arthritis. And, I have always wanted a pool. I am praying that if we are not supposed to put a pool in that for some reason we won't get the loan. I told God, "Now God, you know me. I need black or white. If we should do this let it work, if we should not, don't let us get the loan." I told the banker that was my prayer, so if it didn't work out I wouldn't be mad at him because it is a God thing. He laughed and said "I wish all my clients felt like that!"

This afternoon, I also looked at our last four bank statements. I was trying to make sure that we could afford a loan payment. Well, I know we can. Mark is supposed to be getting a little pay increase and we just paid off my car. But I wanted to see if there were things I could cut out that are just wasteful. I am totally embarrassed to admit, but there is in excess of $500 per month that is just wasted - BY ME! It is horrible! So, I am vowing to stop wasting money. Yep, you heard it here first - I am no longer wasting money. Between what I waste and my car payment, our family just got a $1,000 a month raise! Anyway, I am keeping my fingers crossed and my mind open and praying for good decisions and God's will.

No comments: