Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The story continues...

So, picking up where I left off in the last post, the ER doctor made us an appointment with a Pediatric Rheumatologist at Children's in Southlake. We went last Friday, the 8th. She confirmed Juvenile Arthritis. Michael has been prescribed a once a week injection that we will do at home. We will start it this Friday.

Everyday, we try to make him go to school, at least for a short time. I take him to the office, usually between 10 and 11. He gets into the school's wheelchair and wheels himself down the the hall to class. The first day he went back he was pretty nervous. Who could blame him? One of the office staff took him back that day, and said that the whole classed applauded when he came in. I cried when she told me that. I usually cry every morning when I drop him off. He is just so amazing. He is so brave and strong. He doesn't complain or ask why did this happen to me. He is amazing!

Yesterday, we had to take him for a blood draw. Apparently his veins are small and deep. The nurse stuck him once with no luck. Another one stuck him again with no luck. Finally, one of the Dr.'s got a sonogram machine and found a vein and they stuck him there and it worked. Another time he had to have blood drawn they had to stick him three times. He just wants someone to hold on to when they stick him.

Yesterday, I also went and got him a handicap tag for the car. Yes, I stood there in the Denton County Tax Office, crying at the counter. It just seems like the whole world is changing - again. Like everything is moving forward and I am standing there watching it pass by. You never imagine standing in line to get your child a handicap parking tag. You never imagine watching your child wheel himself down the hall. I admire him so much. I think I love him now more then I ever have. He amazes me!

No comments: