Wednesday, April 13, 2011

More "what if's"

Michael and Mavrick are going to a birthday party this weekend. Their best friend from Temple, Camden, is having a party on Saturday, and then the boys are going to spend the night at Camden's house.

It occurred to me that EVERYTHING is different from the last time they went to a party or spent the night at a friend's house. I was talking to Camden's mom on the phone tonight and asked if it would be ok if I attended the party with the boys. Really, I don't know how Michael will be feeling. What if he is in pain and is in his chair? What if he feels fine and has the chair and doesn't need it? What if he is sick from his injection? So many "what if's" I have been saying that for weeks now.

One good thing is that I really trust Camden's mom. She is a nurse, so if there were problems I know that she could handle things until I could get to him. They live with her parents in Flower Mound, so it's not like I am sending them off. All of this seems new again. WOW! So many changes.

No comments: