Monday, April 11, 2011

February and March

Ok, I have been away. And as usual, my head is so full of stuff that I don't even know where to begin. So, forgive me if I ramble! The last time I posted was the end of January, right after Mav's accident and Mark's accident.

What did February bring us?
Mark's wonderful Grandmother passed away in February. She had been sick on and off for several years. She was 94, and had been married to Mark's Granddad for 77 years! I know she is in Heaven with a crown of jewels. And even though she always seemed to ask me if I had gained weight, I thought she was precious! I can only hope and pray to live such a long and beautiful, blessed life.

February also brought us a planned weekend for Mark and I to get away. I booked a hotel in Dallas, had the kids going to mom's, etc... and Major got major sick! The whole nine yards - vomit, fever, nasty poo! It was bad. So, Michael and Mavrick went to mom's and Mark and I spend the weekend taking care of Major.

How about March you ask?
Let's see, March 1st was mom's birthday - her first one without daddy. March 3rd was the 21st anniversary of my brother's death. March 6th was my dad's birthday. The boys had spring break and I turned 40 in the same week also.

The first week of March Mavrick spent two nights in the hospital with pneumonia and breathing issues. Funny, that sounds really bad, but our insurance is refusing to pay for the stay because it "wasn't necessary."

For Spring Break, Mom and I took the boys to Memphis and Nashville, TN. It was really a nice trip. We drove to Memphis the first night and spent two nights there. We saw Graceland, ate some Memphis Bar-B-Q, and walked Beale Street. Then we drove to Nashville. Mom and I both agreed that we could live in Nashville. It was a very nice city. Mavrick and I took a ghost tour one night. We all went to the Country Music Hall of Fame - which was amazing! We walked around downtown and just really enjoyed the city. Michael had been having some issues with his ankles and feet and used Mom's walking stick a lot of the trip.

No comments: