Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Busy April Saturday

Yesterday I knew was going to be busy. As soon as my feet hit the floor, which was before anyone else in the house, I was busy preparing for Major's 3rd birthday party. I can not believe that child is 3! The last 3 years have flown by. So much has changed - it's just amazing. Anyway, pick up some, set up, off to pick up balloons and a cake, then the party. It was a busy morning indeed.

Major had a wonderful party. His cousins and his neighborhood friends were all here. It cracks me up that he doesn't even realize that he is the youngest! I swear he thinks he is at least 8! He was exhausted after the party, so I got to lay down with him for a little bit while he was taking his nap.

Then it was time to take Michael and Mavrick to a friend's birthday party. The party was at the Community Activity Center in Flower Mound. They ate pizza and cake, then went swimming for about two hours. I stayed because it was Michael's first event where he was having difficulty walking. The swimming was great and felt wonderful to him. There was a moment when I could tell that he was not happy. I went and talked with him and he said that he wasn't feeling included because he was not able to do all the things the other boys could. WOW how that breaks my heart. So we talked for a while about how he will have this for the rest of his life, but he won't always feel the way he feels today. He cried a little. I cried a little.

After swimming, they went to Camden's house to spend the night. There were 7 boys in all. His mom is a brave woman! Michael had already expressed concern that he would not be able to run around like the other boys, so I pulled Mavrick aside and told him that he needed to be mindful of Michael and his inability to do all the things that he used to, right now. I asked him to encourage the other boys to do things that Michael could do. Mavrick is being such a good help to Michael. Mark and I have been so blessed to have the amazing, caring and loving children that we do! I kept my phone by me all night, just in case Michael needed me to go get him. When I woke up this morning I kind of had a proud feeling for him. I knew he was going to be exhausted, but he stuck it out. I feel like that was the first of a few social hurdles that we will face, and I think we are both glad to have it behind him.

No comments: