Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Really?

This time next week, I will be on the waters of the Gulf of Mexico with the love of my life. To say I am excited would be an understatement! When I booked the cruise, Mark sent me to local tanning salon to get a month’s membership for both of us so we won’t burn to a crisp. I have a picture in my head of my B-I-L with a hand print on his chest and a sunburn all around it. Anyway, so we have been tanning for the last month.

We used to tan all the time before kids. Since kids we stopped tanning, my hair has gone back to being dark and I have basically fallen apart. That is not the point I am trying to make, just a side bar. Mark and I tanned for years. After a while we noticed that there was a place on my face that seemed to get more tan than the rest. Unfortunately for me, it was right above my lip, right below my nose…just where a mustache would be. That’s right my friends, I looked like I had a mustache. Not pretty. Splotches are not unusual. I had to start alternating covering my face and not covering it. You couldn’t see it when I had make-up on. Oh, but it was there.

That brings me to tonight. When I got home Mark was sitting in one of the living room chairs and I sat in his lap. This is what we do, not often enough, to talk about the day. In the middle of our conversation he said “I see your mustache is coming in really well.” My eyes and teeth simultaneously fell out of my head! I said “OH NO! Really?” Then he said, “Honey, I am sure those people at your reunion won’t even notice it.” He was so sincere, but totally joking. I laughed till I nearly wet my pants. I guess that means I will be wearing makeup for the cruise… and hoping it is gone by my reunion!

No comments: