Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Just Another Day

My sleeping habits have gotten so bad over the summer. Last night I was up till about 2am with my mind racing in a thousand different directions at a hundred miles an hour. All the stuff I need to do before we leave! Between making sure the house is livable for my in-laws, packing for me, packing for Mark…I think my mind is on overload.

One thing I thought about last night was Gretchen Wilson and that song “Red Neck Woman.” In it she talks about Victoria Secret and that she can buy something at Wal-Mart for half price and still look as good. Well, I want to know what Wal-Mart she is shopping at, because yesterday doing my grocery shopping, I wheeled through the ladies undergarment and nighty section. I will stick with my 10 year old wife beater t-shirts and boxers. Thanks, Gretchen.

Today was a beating though. I started out tired. Then I had to take Mark’s samples to the Dr.s office. You see, he had his vasectomy last JUNE! But took the samples to be tested, so if you know Mark, you know he is not the risk taker… poor guy. Anyway, me and the boys loaded up and went to Baylor Plano. Parked. Walked to one of the buildings, and of course it was not the correct one. Went to the correct building and up to the 6th floor office. “Ummm, we don’t take those here, you’ll have to go to our Medical City office.” Goody for me, must be our lucky day. Did I mention I am walking across their campus with a 25 lb. baby on my hip? So, everyone back in the car, we are going into Dallas.

If you don’t know where Medical City is, it is at 75 and Forest. So we go. Luckily, I know my way around MCD. We get there, find a parking spot, walk to the building, go to the 2nd floor office. The window at the front desk is closed… well crap! Again, the three boys are with me. Two older ones are being wonderful! I slide the window back and start to explain why I am here. The lady tells me that they are at lunch and will open the window and be happy to help me at 1:00. It is now 12:25. I go and sit down with the boys and my first thought is who wants to see if they can run the fastest and yell the loudest? Rather than do that, I pulled a marker out of my purse and wrote our name and phone number on the bag then went back to the window. I pulled it open and just started talking. This time the lady was on the phone, but I made sure she heard me say, “All I need to do is drop this off. I have three kids with me and they are NOT going to make it till 1:00.” The directed me through the door to the lab where I could leave it. I would have been soooo Pissed if I had waited for 35 minutes just to walk through a door!

I just kept reminding myself that I don't want Major to be anyone's big brither!

No comments: