Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Gotta Love 'Em

This morning I was awaken by Michael searching for band aids. Cole, our neighbor, had spent the night. He has exama and Michael said that he had been scratching and was bleeding in a few places. I really didn’t think anything of it.

At about 9:15, they all came down stairs and wanted to go swimming. Kind of early, but whatever. Then at some point Mavrick asked me when they could start shaving. I told him it would be a long time. I thought what a strange question… but Alyssa, Cole’s big sister started shaving her legs this summer, so I just assumed that he was thinking about that. Mav and Alyssa have been pretty close this summer, anyway.

So, in a little bit, Kelly calls and asked me to send home Cole. At this point, I noticed that Michael had a bandage wrapped around his ankle. I asked him about it and he said that he wasn’t bleeding, but had a bruise that he didn’t want to bleed. Whatever…I told him that it wouldn’t, then decided that this was a battle that I didn’t need to fight.

When Cole got home, Kelly sent me a text that said “did you know the boys shaved their legs?” LOL! Well, if you put all this together, I can see it. So, I called Mavrick down stairs and asked him about it. He is my little truth teller. And he doesn't want to disappoint mommy! He said they found some disposable razors under the sink in their bathroom and it was his idea. He pulled three out, and Cole wanted the pink one. Then they all three shaved their legs up to their knees. Proudly, he tells me that he only did the front of his legs and he didn’t bleed at all. The other two did. I told him that he wasn’t in trouble, but that he would probably regret it because I would “feel like this in a few days,” and stuck out my leg for him to feel. Kelly said that Cole’s legs were smoother than hers too! Then I told him that when you shave you are supposed to use soap and water, not shave dry. Then Mav says, “mom, when will we be able to shave?” Ding! It occurred to me what he was talking about! I said “Mavrick, boys don’t shave their legs, they shave their faces!” His face went blank and he said “Ooooohhhhhhhh!”

No comments: