Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Bringing me down

Well, I am doing it again. Trying to carry the weight of the world on my shoulders and I have found myself a bit depressed I think. The crazy think is that right now, my life is fine. I am in a really good and happy place. But I am letting the world around me bring me down.

My neighbor’s husband got laid off today. We got the bill for Major’s May hospital visit, and our part is about $5,000 – and that is after insurance pays their portion. The world is in the crapper, and I am not hearing anything on the news that makes me think that “change” is a comin’. And I have been in a funk for the last few days. It hasn’t helped that Major has been in a funk today too.

This afternoon, I got out my bible. I haven’t been to church in a while. Major throws a fit in the nursery, and I might as well not go if he is with me. So, I just don’t go. I know this is not good for the rest of the family, and I have told myself that when “school” starts we will go and Major will just have to cry. Anyway, not even knowing where to start, I just went to Psalms 4, because today is the 4th. This is what I found there:

Answer me when I call to you,
O God who declares me innocent.
Free me from my troubles.
Have mercy on me and hear my prayer.

2 How long will you people ruin my reputation?
How long will you make groundless accusations?
How long will you continue your lies?

3 You can be sure of this:
The Lord set apart the godly for himself.
The Lord will answer when I call to him.

4 Don’t sin by letting anger control you.
Think about it overnight and remain silent.
5 Offer sacrifices in the right spirit,
and trust the Lord.

6 Many people say, “Who will show us better times?”
Let your face smile on us, Lord.
7 You have given me greater joy
than those who have abundant harvests of grain and new wine.
8 In peace I will lie down and sleep,
for you alone, O Lord, will keep me safe.

And of course, it spoke to me. I’ll let it speak to you without my thoughts and influence.

I decided today that I would spend some time in my bible each day. Things always seem to be so much better when I do. I don’t know why I get away from it so often. Life just gets in the way, I guess.

No comments: