Sunday, August 2, 2009

New Old Friends

Last Tuesday I took the boys and we went over to stay with mom and dad at the farm. There is a lot of work going on over there and it is always interesting to see what changes have been made. On Tuesday evening I had dinner with my lifelong girl friend, Marissa and her hubby Darrell.

Marissa found me on Facebook a few weeks ago. I was part of her family when we lived in Benbrook. Any Spanish I can speak is what I picked up from her mom. It is amazing to look back and see the influences that she and her family had on my life. Good times, really good times! They now live about 30 minutes from the farm, and are right on the way. I am hoping that we will be seeing them much more often.

It was so good to see them. We decided that it had been at least 8 years since we had gotten together. We just clicked back into place like we had seen each other last week. Then on Wednesday we went over to their house. I got to see their kids all grown and they got to see and meet mine. They have a 13 year old daughter and 10 year old son. Their kids are precious! And so well behaved! “A,” their daughter has the most wonderful laugh and smile. I was instantly in love with her! And their son “DJ,” is the cutest 10 yr old – all boy – and immediately hit it off with Michael and Mavrick. Marissa said that “DJ” asked when his new friends were coming back. Awww! What a little sweetie!

Marissa and little Mavrick really hit it off, too. He got her cell phone number and has called her a few times since we left on Friday. They are a lot alike, so I can totally see them being lifelong friends… I am a happy girl...Thank you Facebook!

No comments: