Sunday, December 28, 2008

A wonderful Christmas!

We had a wonderful Christmas. The boys woke up about 6:45, and came running down the stairs to our room. Major was in here, so the whispered as loud as they could “Santa’s been here!” It was precious! Mom and dad were not due to arrive until 7:30, so I had to figure out how to keep them occupied till then. I let them go get their stockings and bring them back downstairs until mom and dad were here and we could all go up together.

**Let me just interject and agree with what you must be thinking, “OMG! I can’t believe her kids waited 45 minutes to jump in to Christmas!” I can’t believe it either. I have amazing kids! They are so good! I am soooo blessed!**

Michael’s big deal this year was golf clubs. Mavrick started lessons in May, and Michael started to show an interest in the sport, but Mavrick claimed golf as his sport and didn’t want Michael to play. After some give and take and some negotiation, Michael will be playing golf this spring with Mav. Therefore, Michael needed golf clubs. Ta Dha!

Mavrick’s big deal this year was a drum set. We had to order it, so it is not here yet, but he was WAY excited just from the picture. And of course, asks at least once a day “when will they be here?”

Their big gift from Santa this year was Guitar Hero. Mom and Dad got them a Wii, so, Santa being as cool as he is, knew that they needed Guitar Hero. Being as wise as he is, got them two guitars to keep the fights to a minimum. I think everyone has played but me. I am looking forward to my turn though!

Little Major got lots of cool baby toys. He ended up with three Elmo’s! His big deal was a little walk behind or ride on toy. He has been sitting on it and feels like such a big boy! Mom and Dad got him a Radio Flyer Rocking Horse that is very cool.

The girls got here about 12:30, and we went to Christy’s about an hour later. Everyone was over there, so we had a good little visit, a wonderful lunch, and then opened gifts. About 6:00 we went over to Wayne and Buena’s, Mark’s aunt and uncle, house. We always have a wonderful visit with them! We left around 9:00. It had been a big day, and Major and I both had been fighting a cold for several days, so we were especially exhausted.

We had a wonderful day spent with family and friends. We are so blessed. I could not ask for more!

1 comment:

Am said...

You so have to get Wii Fit now! It is fabulous...until it calls you out on not exercising enough...or makes your Mii grow fatter ...FUN!