Sunday, December 28, 2008

Quick and Dirty

Seriously? Christmas has come and gone? That was fast… “quick and dirty” one might say. I spent a butt load of money, QUICK… and my house is DIRTY. Now comes the recovery period.

Put away all the Christmas paraphernalia, all the gifts, wash all the clothes from the last week, and all the dishes. Leave out one box to catch all the stuff I missed on the final clean up.
I finally decided on a collection for the boys this year. You know how some kids get a new ornament each year, then when they have their own home and family they have these ornaments to start with. Well, I have always thought that was precious, but what about all the memories made at their parent’s house with those ornaments? And, I have always felt that that was kind of girly. But I did want something for the boys to help them remember each year. So, I have started collecting them nutcrackers. I got both Michael and Mavrick several, to try to get them caught up, and I got Major his first. I hope to find one each year that represents their interests at the time, and mark the year on the bottom. My aunt always had a collection of nutcrackers that I loved to look at, and the boys have always been fond of them, so I think this is a good solution to my “collection search.” This year I also got wreathes to put on each of their bedroom doors, and they each have a small tree for their rooms now. I guess I should get them their own storage bins to store away all of this stuff. I really love Christmas and want them to also.

No comments: