Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Back to Life

BACK TO REALITY – I woke up this morning to Mark saying “Crap! It’s 7:00.” In the mornings, I usually have Major in our bed and we try to sleep, or at least lay low, through all of the morning commotion. As Mark was leaving he told me that Mavrick was in the living room watching TV and running a fever. I called and got him a Dr appointment.

Last week I took him to the Dr on Wednesday because he was congested and had a skin rash. The Dr just told us to use some over the counter meds and lotion for the skin. On Friday, Mark took him back because a place on his arm was looking worse. The Dr said it looked like an insect bite, keep it clean, and watch it. Well, it got worse while we were in Weatherford, so I had planned to take him back today.

Today the Dr thought it was definitely a spider bite, possible brown recluse because of the way the skin was dying around it, but that it would eventually be ok. BUT it would take several weeks before it was healed and he prescribed a steroidal cream to help it heal and reduce scarring. But he was concerned about the fever and wanted to make sure that it wasn’t related to the bite. They did the strep test, which Mavrick HATES! And it came back positive. Oh Yea! Over the last 5 days he has been exposed to at least 100 different people – especially his 7 month old brother and cousin.

As we left, I called Daddy and asked him for help. My dad is so wonderful. He takes care of me/us, and I know would do anything for me/us. Daddy was at Costco, but would come by and get the Rx and take them to the store. By the time he got back I needed him to go back by the Dr office, to drop off the Rx, bring us back home some food, go back to pick up the Rx and pick-up Michael. Sorry Daddy, hope you didn’t have a day of your own planned.

Major is working through a case of static cling… he is on me like a dryer sheet to a wool skirt! He was held by someone most of the last week, and now he is having to work through that. Everything I did today I had to do sitting by him on the floor or with him in my lap. I would leave him on the floor and he would start getting pissy. Yea!

And my house looks like a laundry mat blew up in here! Clothes are from one end of the house to the other. It is crazy. I went to start the second load to wash today and the dial fell right off in my hand. It will still function, but I am using pliers to turn the dial. We may be livin’ like white trash, but at least our clothes will be clean.

Mom called this afternoon. She is staying at the farm a few more days. She said she is doing well, but making a mess. It is therapeutic for her to start working through things and culling out the obvious trash. She is real hesitant to throughout much, because you never know what someone else will consider treasure. He had two drawers full of “wife beater” t-shirts, that looked brand new. I hope she is donating those! I warned her about the strep throat, and she said she wouldn’t be surprised if she gave it to him because she felt so bad last week on Tuesday and Wednesday, but didn’t go to the Dr. That’s why she didn’t go to see Pop on Thursday; she didn’t think she was fully over whatever she had.

No comments: