Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Wave

Major is growing up so fast. I am trying to enjoy every little moment – the great and the not so great, because I know how time flies. Michael is 9 for pete’s sake! Anyway, this afternoon I was sitting with him watching a Christmas movie on ABC Family, and realized that this was all NEW to him. The image of Santa, the Christmas Carols, all of it is completely new. Then I looked at him, as he was watching the man with white hair in the red suit and he lifts up his right arm and stretches then squeezes his hand. My baby started waving today! And his first wave was at Santa! On TV! How precious is that!

Tonight, he was in his chair in the kitchen just talking. And talking, and talking! He was talking so loud that Mark, who has been in bed sick all day, came out of the bedroom and darted into the kitchen because he thought the child was yelling. Well, he was, just not in a bad way. Then, Mark is standing at the sink talking to me and we look over at Major and he is waving at his daddy. So precious!

Finally, many of you will be happy to hear that I have gotten him back in HIS OWN BED! This is the second night in a row he is in his bed. It has been a lot easier than I thought it would be. The only thing is that when I shut his door last night, it was freezing in there when he woke up about 3 am. So, we are having to leave all the bedroom doors opened some just so our babies don’t get too cold. The HVAC system in this house sucks… Don’t ever buy a home built by Legacy!

No comments: