Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween

For those of you who like to read these in order, start at the November 1st entry called "Madi, the dog" and work your way back up.

After my running around on Friday, I picked up the boys, we hurried home to get the baby and the costumes. Then we hurried over to Christy’s. We got there just after 5:00. I was pretty nasty, so I took a quick shower. In my rush, I had forgotten to get new panties! I couldn’t put back on those nasty, sweaty ones I took off, so for the first time in my 37 years, I went commando. It was quite liberating, but I don’t know that I will do it again anytime soon.

Anywho, we hit the pavement with all the kids about 5:30. Isabella was a pumpkin and Cooper was a dog, and Major just wore his ghost outfit. Michael and Mavrick showed Bella the ropes and they had tons of fun. We went down a few blocks and the kids got more candy. They were absolutely precious. The babies were so good, just sitting in the strollers, taking it all in.
About 6:30 we got to Mark’s church, where they were having a huge Halloween festival. There were tons of bounce houses, lots of candy, food, and other things to do. The boys really enjoyed themselves. I asked them about 7:00 if they wanted to go home to Trick or Treat in our neighborhood, or skip our neighborhood and stay at the church. They chose the church. Michael climbed the rock wall, Mavrick jumped on the bungee and they both rode the “hippo” which is the world’s tallest blowup slide at three stories.



We ended up getting home about 10:00. The house was still in good shape and our McCain sign was still intact. We just had 2 big bowls of candy waiting on the inside for trick or theaters’. We didn’t have any.

1 comment:

Julie B said...

Michelle, I love you.
The fact that you even felt you had to tell your blog world that you went commando.
Priceless.