Thursday, November 13, 2008

Cancer Sucks

Pop-paw went back to the nursing home yesterday. He is in a different room than his wife now. I am not sure if he is on any monitors, but dad said that he has a bag to collect something draining. I haven’t really had a chance to talk to mom yet. I did see her this morning, and she just seemed really tired.

On Tuesday, the doctor from the Cancer area told mom and my uncle that they expected him to have about 3 months to live. Cancer sucks. Pop is 88 years old, and the Dr says that it is just one of those things that happens in older adults, and that the family shouldn’t be concerned with it being hereditary. It just all sucks. We are going to start going over as often as we can, and are just praying that he doesn’t have to suffer through pain.

Michael and Mavrick are in love with him, and I am sad that Major and Cooper won’t have that opportunity. I still think he hung the moon. He is one of the most amazing men I have ever known. I have started to prepare Michael and Mavrick. Mavrick started crying and said “this is the beginning of the end isn’t it?” Then he said “first we lost Angela, and now we are going to lose Pop-paw.” He agrees that Cancer sucks.

No comments: