Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Major Update

Major’s 6 month check-up was Monday. The Dr said he was perfect…DUH!!! He weighed 17 lbs, 3 oz. and is 27 inches long. He got 3 vaccines and a flu shot. He was absolutely miserable for the rest of the day and night. Totally needy, uncomfortable, pissed and just didn’t feel good. So, we just held each other all day and night. He woke up in a better frame of mind on Tuesday and still wanted to be held. Well, his poppy was certainly the man for the job. They held each other the whole day. Needless to say, by the end of the day on Tuesday, he was convinced that the whole holding thing was the new norm.

I was some sorority sisters about a week ago that I had not seen since December and they asked me about Major. You see, by then, the shock and denial had worn off, but the excitement had not come yet. I had always wanted a third baby, but didn’t want to have a baby after age 35. So, on my 35th birthday I had come to grips with us being a family of four. I was getting our lives wrapped up in a pretty little package with a bow on top. Things were finally on track and going the way we needed them to go in order for us to get to where we wanted to go. But God had different plans.

Anyway, I told my friends how perfect it all was. Everything about this baby is so much better than any of the plans I had before him. Mark and I wonder why we didn’t do this sooner (like we had anything to do with it). And I feel complete now. I had always wanted a third, and I was totally in love with our family of four. I just felt like something was missing, and learned to live with it. Now, I don’t know how we ever got along without him. One of the funniest things is that I was so upset about the HUGE gap (7 years) between Mavrick and Michael, it was one of those “we will never get all the kids out of our house” kind of things. Now, I think it will be so wonderful to have this little man with us for 7 more years after both the boys go off to school. We are so blessed! And we are so in love with him!

No comments: