Sunday, November 16, 2008

Out of Town for the Weekend

Friday night Michael spent the night at his friends house, and me, Mavrick and Major went and spent the night at Christy’s in Allen. She was sick and Brian and Mark had gone out of town, so I thought maybe I could help. When we got there, her niece and nephew were also there. So, my sick sister had a house full of people! She and Cooper went to bed and we were all tucked into our beds by 9:00.

Mavrick and Major slept with me in the guest room. Mavrick is a snuggler. He always has been. He used to hang on me like a little monkey. I could have him on my hip, hold my arms out to my side, and he wouldn’t move a bit. Anyway, I woke up several times to find Mav sunggled up to Major and they would be in the middle of the bed. I was sleeping on this little sliver on the side. Precious? Yes. Comfortable? No.

Cooper has gotten into a habit of waking in the middle of the night, several times, screaming! He doesn’t seem to have this issue during the day, but all through the night. I don’t know how Christy handles it. She is exhausted. I really don’t understand it. It is almost like colic. Can a 7 month old have colic?

Yesterday, Christy spent most of the day in bed and was feeling a little better by the afternoon. Her nephew’s birthday party was in Plano at 4:00, so at 3:00 we left Christy in bed, and all got into the “baby bus” and started running back and forth across town. Me, Ashley, Zac, Mavrick, Major, Cooper and Bella drove to Plano and dropped off Ashley, Zac and Mav. Then, we came to Corinth to get Michael some clothes. Daddy came over for about 45 minutes so we could all get out of the car and I could go to the bathroom and change everybody’s diapers. Daddy got us all back into the car and we went to Lewisville to pick up Michael. Somewhere on the GB tollway, before Coit, one of the babies started crying. We get to Zac’s party and Michael goes in to get Mav and Ashley. I drive around the parking lot for about 15 minutes, while the other two start to cry also. Finally, the big kids come out and get in the car and we are off like a light. They all three cried till we got to Christy’s! Let me tell you, that was a LONG ride home! The phrase “Mommy drinks because you cry” had never been truer. My nerves were shot and I needed one!

Michael, Mavrick, Major and I all slept in Christy’s bed last night. Talk about monkey’s in the bed. It was so sweet to have all my babies with me. There is nothing I love more than snoozing with my babies!

No comments: