Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Grill Girl

LOL! OK, this is a story about one of those things I have gotten myself into. It all started around Valentine’s Day. Mark has wanted to make an outdoor kitchen for some time and we found some grills on an auction, so we bought it. I think at that time we picked up two grills. One was really nice and brand new and one was ok and may have been used a time or two. Then, in March, we found another auction that was three grills. Anyway, between a few auctions we have accumulated an amazing stainless steel outdoor kitchen for relatively very little money. It was a very good purchase and will easily add value to our home.

You will notice that I said “between a few auctions,” which means that we did get a few items that we didn’t want. At one point during the summer, I believe we had about 15 grills, refrigerators and sink units on our back porch. Can you say white trash? I am so glad that it was on the back porch! Welcome to the trailerhood! Just call me the Grill Girl! Anyway, I have been putting the grills on Craig’s List, and to date, we have recouped our investment, so our outdoor kitchen will has cost us nothing so far, and we kept two grills, to fridges and another piece that are all stainless.

It has been kind of fun, almost like having a business again, only I am working very little. But it has also been a bit stressfull because the back yard has been so packed with grills that we haven’t been able to do anything that we want to do yet. We are down to our last few and I am hoping in the fall that I will get to complete our outdoor kitchen project . . . just as soon as we get a remodel on the master bath finished! LOL!

No comments: