Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Where I Am

Christy and I are going to a Grief Share group that starts tonight. Ok, I’m not going tonight because Major is sick, but that is a later entry. Anyway, I started reading the workbook that goes with the group sessions. I think it will help me move forward some. As of now, I am in denial. I am not dealing with my dad’s death at all. As a matter of fact, I am kind of in a process where I feel like if I don’t admit it, it won’t be real. I am doing an amazing job keeping myself busy so I don’t have to face reality.

The bad part of this plan is that every time I see a picture of Daddy it is like the first time I am finding out he is gone. I don’t know if this is a normal part of the grieving process. And now that things are slowing down a bit, I am realizing that it is going to be difficult to keep as busy as I was able to do this summer.

No comments: