Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Back to School

School has started. As you know, last year we homeschooled the boys. It was the right thing to do at that time. But about March I started to see that I was not where I needed to be in order to be what they needed me to be. This was further compounded when Daddy died. I am not in a position to teach anyone anything. I realize this, and although I feel like have let people down, I just can’t do it right now.

The boys started at Hawk Elementary School on Monday. And, as of the third day of school they both really like it. They are making new friends, like and dislike their teachers and have a crush. Mavrick has two teachers and they change classes. Michael has three teachers and he changes classes too. Already preparing them for middle school! Mavrick even has a little girl that was in his class at Temple in his class. There are two other kids who went to Temple with them, one in each grade.

We all were crazy nervous. I have been praying a lot about it; for Godly, Christian friends and for protection from anything that is not from or of God. Every time I think about them during the day I lift them in prayer. And you know, I have taught them right and wrong, to love and respect, and to follow God. That is really all I can do, none of the rest is in my hands.

These are pictures from the first day of school. Mavrick is in 4th and Michael is in 5th.




No comments: