Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chaos is in the house!

Chaos. That is the situation you find when you walk in our front door. Well, at least when you get to the top of the stairs. You see, all my boys are trading bedrooms. This started last week as Mavrick took all of Major’s things and put them in his room and moved some of his things into Major’s room. This would have been ok if we would have had a smooth weekend. . . but we didn’t.

So, here we are a week later and our upstairs is still in complete chaos! Major’s old room needs to have the crib taken down and the rest of Mavrick’s things moved into it. The bathroom is clean and looks great. Mavrick’s old room and Michael’s old room look like a tornado came through them. Half of the game room is near perfection, however the other half just needs to be put in a bag and sent to CCA.

The point in this whole room switch thing was to put Major into Michael’s old room – that still has the Buzz Lightyear mural painted on it. We just were having such a tough time with painting over it, and then Major started watching the Toy Story movies, and it just seemed to work. I am praying that Major will like sleeping in his new room, and stop sleeping in mommy’s bed! I guess if I am honest, I would rather take it all slow and do it all myself so I can make sure a lot of their junk is moved out and/or thrown away. The only problem with that is the fact that Major has been so sick this week and so needy. I am hoping that by this time next week I can report that he is well and they are all moved into the appropriate bedrooms. . . Keep your fingers crossed!

No comments: