Saturday, March 8, 2008

Boy! Does Time Fly (3/7/08)

So, let me get caught up. I started this blog to document my fast and fun life, but the last week has been mostly fast. Last Friday was my 30 week doctor appointment. Major sounded fine, I looked better than I had the time before, my blood pressure was a little high and I have gained a total of 13 pounds. She took my BP again before I left and it was lower, but still a little high. I go back on the 14th so they will keep an eye on it. I have been swelling a lot in the last three weeks. That is just how I roll at the end of a pregnancy.

Later that day we had a “going away party” for Kelly at work. Working on the party kept me busy all day. It was a nice little party, but I literally only worked about 30 minutes the whole day. I was exhausted when I got home, and VERY swollen.

Saturday, Mark got up and went to Austin about 4:00 Saturday morning. The boys and I went to a sibling class at the hospital. I think it was very good for them to get a tour, see the rooms, etc. so they will be ok with the hospital thing. They got to make “big brother” shirts and really seemed to enjoy that. When we got home mom was having a garage sale and made enough money to get a storage building and pay for it through April. The rest of the day we moved stuff out of the sitting room and the guest room into storage. We couldn’t get the piano, but got everything else out of the sitting room, which is going to be my office – eventually!

Sunday, mom took the boys to church while I worked on laundry and cleaning the house. That afternoon, I worked on cleaning our bedroom and she took the boys skating. She called me about an hour into it and told me I had to come up there and watch them. They were precious! I went and was shocked at how well they were doing. It was their first time, but for the first time, they were doing really good! I wanted to skate with them so bad. I used to have a blast roller skating! I did almost lose my lunch when we went to take off the skates. The whole area was stinky. I had to get Mavrick to move away from the rental area with me. When we left there, mom sent us to get the boys new tennis shoes. They both got a new pair that they totally love. So, all were happy. They were TOTALLY worn out. They were asleep before their heads hit the pillow.

Mark didn’t leave Austin till about 3:00 Monday morning. I was so mad at him. All I could think about was him having an accident. I really was upset. But I was afraid to be pissed, because what if something did happen to him? I didn’t want to be pissed at him when he died. So, I just cried myself to sleep. He got home, safely, about 7:30 Monday morning. It was ok to be pissed then. And let me tell you, I looked the part!

No comments: