Thursday, February 28, 2008

He’s A Big Boy Now :(

Yesterday afternoon, the boys got home from school and I heard Michael upstairs talking to Mavrick about a birthday party he is invited to. It is a girl named Lauren. He has had a crush on her all year. For Valentines Day he decided to tell her how he felt about her. I don’t know if she has talked to him since. I have to laugh because I was just like her – only I think I was in 4th grade instead of 2nd!

Anyway, as he is walking down stairs talking to Mav he is saying “Roller Skating! I can’t even ride a bike on two wheels! How am I supposed to Roller Skate? Everybody in my class will be there and they can all skate! This will be the most humiliating day of my life!”

OK… first of all, I am sad that my 8 year old knows what “humiliating” means and can use it properly in a sentence! Secondly, God knew what he was doing giving me another boy, because between Michael and Mav, I already have a Drama Queen. But finally, I wish I could take him and teach him how to skate. I don’t know that it would be wise for a 7 month pregnant woman to get on skates! It just breaks my heart! I will take him to skate in the next day or two just so it is not his first time on skates. Maybe he will decide that he hates it and not want to go to his Crush’s party!

1 comment:

Christy said...

That breaks my heart!