Saturday, March 8, 2008

Skater Boys

Today was Michael’s Crush’s skate party. Mom came and got them this morning at 8:30 and took them to the skating lessons offered at the rink. They had a wonderful time. I woke back up at 10:39! And they got home right after that. Michael was so excited that he was doing so well, Mavrick was upset because he didn’t “graduate” to the next level with his brother.

I took them to the party this afternoon and Michael did really good. I would say that there was really no one else in his class that skated any better. He had a good time and I was proud of him for going and not being intimidated by anything. He ended up with a red face again, so I know he got a good workout! Mav, on the other hand, apparently had a two hour limit. He skated this morning, then this afternoon he had about an hour left in him before he was tired and bored. Mom is planning on taking them during Spring Break.

Mom has reserved all the weekends of the month of March to help me (us) prepare the house for Major. We moved the sitting room to storage (except for the 10,000 lb piano). Now we are trying to move the office to the former sitting room. All of Major’s stuff is in the guest room, so once the office is downstairs, and the office becomes the nursery, the guest room can start transforming into Mavrick’s room. Mark has been working all day on wiring the sitting room. It is 11:05 pm and he is still working on it.

We are getting a lot done. Our room is getting clean-er. I am developing a better way/place to do laundry. We have thrown out a TON of stuff! I told mom today that I needed her to come back and do this again in about 2 years so I don’t just put things away and never go back and get rid of them. She found stuff in the top of one of the closets that I apparently put away for another baby. But then when I thought I wasn’t going to have anymore, I never got rid of any of it. I guess maybe it is one of those “Lord works in mysterious ways” things.

No comments: