Friday, March 21, 2008

A Good Friday

Today was a good day. I was off, the boys were home for spring break, but Mark had to work. We did a lot of work on the baby’s room. Mom came over and helped, and it is finally starting to look like a baby’s nursery. I finished the “frame” for around the letters, and the boys painted the letters. Mom and I covered the canvases to go on the wall and the boys also made their hand prints to go on the wall. When we took a lunch break, we also picked up a pair of curtains. With all of it in there, except the letters, it looks real cute.

Tomorrow, Mark is working with Brian, Christy’s husband, so mom is coming back and my job is to work on our bedroom while she moves the furniture into the baby’s room. We have this pile of stuff behind our bathroom door. I think most of it is scrapbook stuff for the boys that I have never gotten around to making. We leave the door to the bathroom open all the time, so it has kind of become invisible to us…but not to her. I know our house is cluttered in some areas, and I really need someone to help point it out to me because we have been living with all of this for eight years. It is really amazing how much stuff we have thrown out. And it is even more amazing that we still have so much to get rid of!

After the baby’s room is finished, we are going to work on Mavrick’s room. Right now we are just going to make it a functioning bedroom so Mark can get some sleep when I snore and I can lay with the baby when he wakes up in the middle of the night. I know that is several months away, but I certainly remember how nice it was just to lay the baby down next to me and nurse him (Mav) back to sleep. Anyway, I have to finish my office too, but I think I can do that in a about a week if I work in the evenings. As long as it is done before Major gets here!





No comments: