Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Michael's Field Trip

Michael had a field trip on Tuesday, a few weeks ago. We went to the Dallas Heritage Museum. I expected it to be very boring, but it was really cool. It is made up of houses/buildings that were built in the late 1800’s and early 1900’s. They all have period interiors and decorations. Very neat place to visit.

On these field trips, they always divide the kids into groups, and each parent has a group of kids to go with. I had four boys; Michael, Camden, Garret and Caleb. Those boys were so fun to hang out with. They were very excited, and I think all of them have ADD, or did at least for that day. Michael’s teacher volunteered to go with me since I had such an interesting group. She slowed us down and kept order in our process. Ha!

We went through the village and ate lunch and ended up finishing early. The teachers decided that we could go to the park for a while on the way back to school. As we got off the bus, the teacher said “Do not leave the confines of the park without an adult!” Well, of course the restrooms were out of the confines. Caleb, one of my boys from the group, turned to me and said “Mrs. Pittard, I need to go to the restroom.” I told him to wait just a minute, thinking that I could get a dad to go over there with him, just to make sure that there weren’t any freaks hanging out in the men’s room. All of the sudden, Caleb says “I have an idea…” and walks off to the landscaped area in front of the park and turns around to start unbuckling his belt. I start yelling “Caleb, No, No, No, No!” Thank God he finally heard me! Unfortunately for him, so did his teacher, so he got a talking to. I laughed my butt off for about 10 minutes. I asked Michael if he was serious. I could totally see Mavrick doing something like that, but be joking. Michael said “No Mom, he was serious. That’s just how he is.” Which to me, made it even more funny!

Ahh! To be nine years old and clueless!

Robbing the bank!

In front of the local store.

No comments: