Wednesday, April 29, 2009

I'm Baaaack!!!

Well, I honestly don’t even know where to start. I will just run down the list I guess.

We are back at home!!! The house still has a partial floor. I moved back home from mom and dad’s on Sunday. I had been picking up the boys at school then we would go to mom and dad’s where they do their homework, eat dinner, and shower. Mark would pick them up between 8 and 9 and takes them home to sleep in their own bed. It has been a difficult two months!

The boys were definitely living the life of children of divorced parents. They have been showing little, subtle, signs of the stress. Michael broke my heart the other morning when he said something about “dad’s house.” So, with all of that, Major and I are back home, and we are “making it” as a family, but life is still total chaos! And I can tell that it will take a long time to get back to normal. We may just find a new normal and make it work.

The diet is on, most days… I don’t even have it in me to deal with that right now. Fat is nice. I am ok with just being nice right now. LOL!

What’s up with Major?
Major is just a delight 99.5% of the time. He just goes with the flow. I get up and go get the boys and take them to school every morning, and Major goes too. He had gotten real good about going back to sleep with mom and dad and I would take the boys, then he waking up about 9:00. A few weeks ago, Mom said “I think we will just keep him. He is so nice to wake up to every morning.” He really does have a great disposition. He smiles this big smile that almost makes his eyes close and always shows his two bottom teeth. What a blessing he is!

A few nights he has been .5% of little terror. He is cutting teeth, constantly, and was miserable! And tends to make the rest of us miserable! Mom woke up and came to check on us one night, saying that she had never heard him scream like that before. I would get him to sleep and try to lay him down again and it would start all over

What’s up with Michael?
They are in the final quarter at school, and to my knowledge, he has is doing a lot better at getting his work in on time. This is the big issue we are dealing with right now. He starts his work, puts it in his desk and never completes or turns it in. That child has been wearing me out. In addition to this, he has been going through a “smart mouth” phase. I am not real big on spankings, but he has been testing me, thus receiving them lately. I think I have gotten him back in line, but it has not been an easy task. I am praying that this has all pasted, at least for now.

He is, however, really excelling at basketball. His local league team tied for first place, , and his school team is make take first place. The school team is very interesting. It is made up of two 3rd graders, two 4th graders and two 5th graders. I didn’t get to go to one of his games, but Mark said that the score was like 25 to 6 and they called the two youngest players in and took the older ones out – thinking that it would hold the scoring. Michael got the ball twice and both times scored with it. Yea Michael! Maybe he has found his “Thang.”

He has also taken up golf. He has had a few lessons so far and really seems to enjoy it! I am not surprised, though. He is a perfectionists, so I really expect him to end up being very good at this. He is working on his focus and doing really well.

What’s up with Mavrick?
You know Mavrick. He is the joker, the ladies man, laid back and rolling with the flow. His baseball just started, so he has practice twice a week and he is playing golf with Michael. He is failing just about everything at school, but he is polite and everyone loves him…slight exaggeration, but very slight.

I can look at Mavrick and tell that we are living our lives way too fast. He wants to stop and snuggle. Really. He gets upset easy these days and I don’t think he is getting enough sleep. I am working with the local ISD to have him tested for possible learning disabilities. He told me a few weeks ago that when they took their SAT tests, that if he passes them then he can go to 3rd grade.

He is such a little go getter. They had a fundraiser going on at school, and he is the one that wanted to go walk the neighborhood. He is very motivated by money, and has saved over $150 right now. Which is good because I never know when I am going to need to borrow some!

We have three wonderful, very different boys. I feel so blessed by each one of them.

No comments: