Sunday, October 26, 2008

Family Reunion

Yesterday we went over to Weatherford for a family reunion on my mother’s father’s side. It was a great afternoon and there is a park right beside the building where we all gather for lunch. Christy and my cousin’s wife Gigi did all the planning and made it happen and it turned out very nice. We got up at 6:00 am and went over. Michael and Mavrick went with me and Christy. Mom and Dad drive the little ones over and got there about 9:00. Needless to say, they both needed a drink after driving the baby bus!

I was able to take the kids over to the playground a few times. Michael and Mavrick played with Gigi and Jamie's daughter, Katherine, and had a great time! Bella ran around like a wild child and had a blast. She ran out of the building one time, and one time she ran into the street! She is a handful. Precious, but a handful. She really enjoyed swinging and going down the big slide.


I put Major in the swings once and he seemed to love it. He would look at me and just laugh out loud.


On the way home, we moved Bella back to Christy’s car, and me, dad, Mavrick, Major and Cooper all road back in my car. Mavrick helped with the babies, until he fell asleep. This is him entertaining…


My Pop-paw came to the reunion. He looks very skinny. It is really very strange to see him getting older. I guess I never thought he would get old. He was always such a pillar when my Granny was sick. The whole time I was growing up, he always had gray hair, but never seemed to be getting older. I saw him a few months ago and he seemed thin then, but now he is too thin. He just watched everything, like he was taking it all in, but I had to wonder where his mind really was… or if it was anywhere at all. It was strange, like I was sitting with a stranger. He used to read a lot, he was always out in the field working on something, working with some animals, repairing something. He used to be so strong. Now he is wasting away in a nursing home with his wife. He is faithful to a fault, and while she needs to be there, he will stay with her and waste away to nothing. It makes me sad. I think I hate change… I’m going to go cry a little now.

No comments: