Thursday, September 4, 2008

Saying Goodbye

Many of you know my neighbor, Angela L., and her family has recently moved back to OKC. Angela has cancer. It started in her liver and she has had numerous surgeries to remove numerous HUGE tumors. I found out today that she now has a tumor the size of a football blocking her bowels and that her kidneys are shutting down. Hospice is there and they do not believe she will be with us too much longer. I know she is tired and I know she loves the Lord like few people in her situation would or could. She is probably ready to go. I know I will see her in heaven. She has been amazing through this ordeal and truly touched my heart forever. Her faith is greater than anyone I have ever personally known. I love her for the influence she has had on me, my kids, my neighborhood, my church. She has touched so many. I love her, and I will miss this amazing woman and friend.

My heart does break for the kids. They have a daughter who is about 12 and a son who just turned 9. When my kids heard me talking about it today they both fell apart. Mavrick cried for well over an hour that he would miss her and that he was sad that Major would never get to know her and that she was like a mom to him… it went on and on. I was truly thankful for my Prozac today. Kelly spoke to Andrew (the husband) today, who told their daughter last night and said that she was ok and said that she knows she will “see mommy in heaven.”

Kelly and I are planning to go up on Sunday and see her, for what may be the last time. If you pray, please keep this precious family in your prayers!

No comments: