Friday, April 11, 2008

Too Fat For A Bath!

I have been on bed rest for 8 ½ days now. I have been out of the house a few times with my mom, but definitely got more rest than activity. I have had more headaches this week, but I don’t know if it is because I have been in bed so long, or if I should be worried about it… anyway, I decided that tonight would be a good night to soak in a hot bath. The kids are at my mom and dad’s spending the night, Mark is working on one of his many projects. A hot soak is just what I needed.

I run the water, put in some fragrant bubbles, and started to get in. It quickly became apparent that there was not a snowballs chance that my entire belly would be able to “soak.” It was crazy difficult to just sit down! Of course, when I finally got seated, the water level doubled and got so high that most of it went out the top drain. My belly stuck out like an island in the middle of the ocean. I couldn’t get comfortable at all. So much for trying to relax! It was more like a “sits bath” that they tell you to take after delivery so your stitches will heal. I am officially too fat for a bath.

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Aww Michelle! I hope you get to relax.