Friday, May 29, 2009

More Longhorn Basketball!

Do I look like a basketball coach to you? Yeah, me either. Michael is now playing of in the city league for Corinth. It is a pretty casual deal, and it is difficult for them to find coaches. Last year he played and they called when I was pregnant with Major to see if Mark or I would coach. I told them that I was about 12 months pregnant and new nothing about basketball, and that my husband didn’t really like other peoples kids, and sometimes not even ours, so I thought they should get another parent on board for the job.

So, when I registered Michael for this season, I wrote in that I would be a coach if needed. Then, at one of Michael’s school games, JeJe came and was kind of drafted to be my Assistant Coach. Well, she was able to talk her husband into doing it, and she would be the Assistant, Assistant Coach. He is doing really good! We have a 30 minute practice on Thursday nights and a game on Friday nights. I am coming home and taking notes on what he is teaching them each week (I am kind of standing around trying to look official, in a supervising type of way). So, hopefully, by the time Major is nine, I will be a really good coach!

I asked Michael what he wanted the team to be called and he said “the longhorns,” so we are burning orange around the Pittard house once again! I’ll try to post some pictures when our jersey’s come in!

BTW – We won our first game! Yea, Coach Stuart!

No comments: