Friday, May 29, 2009

Just another day

Today was a pretty uneventful day. Baby woke up about 3:00 and I brought him down to my bed. We kind of slept in. The afternoon was full of errands, naps, then Michael had a basketball game at 8 pm.

The game was good. We lost tonight, but the kids are getting better each week, and I think getting a better understanding of the game each week. Our team ranges of boys, and girls from the ages of 6 to 10 year olds. One of our younger boys, Matthew, played one quarter tonight and was “too tired” to play anymore. During the fourth quarter he came to me and said that he wasn’t going to play anymore, and that he was going to wait to play in the fall with the kids he age…OH! He meant he wasn’t going to play anymore this season! Mavrick had suited up in case we needed him to play (because we almost did last week). So, Mav is going to take Matthew’s place for the rest of the season.

Tonight, I put Major to bed for the 10th night in a row in his own bed. Yea! For the first 6/7 days I put Tylenol in night bottle and he slept really good, all night. The last two nights he woke up at 3:00 one night and 1:00 the other. So, we will see how he does tonight. He may need to go back to Tylenol.

Anyway, when we first started putting him to bed in his room, he would start crying when we walked into the room. The last few days he has gotten better. We go in and read a book or two and he finishes his bottle then will go to sleep when I rock him. I will then get up to put him in his bed and he wakes up. I put him down and he cries for a few minutes then goes to sleep. Each night it is getting better, and the crying is shorter. I have times when I want to just put him in bed with us just because I love him so much and want to hug him, and squeeze him, and kiss him and love him...but I don't. Because one day, I plan to get my groove back ;)

No comments: