Thursday, February 21, 2008

What A Week!

So, I have been reading my sister's blog, a good friend's blog, and an acquaintance's blog, and well, I think I need one too! I have two great kids that make me laugh everyday, so what a better way to share with the world this adventure I call "life." This is my first blog EVER, so hang with me while I learn!

Right now I am 12 months pregnant (or 29 weeks, depending on how your are counting). I went to Tulsa last weekend for a conference. I came back with ankles as big as my knees and completely exhausted! My oldest son, Michael had a swollen foot from playing basketball on Saturday morning. It had been bothering him for about 3 weeks, so I decided I would take him to the Dr on Monday. During the night, about 1:00 am, Mavrick, my middle son, yakked in his bed, only to come down to get us out of bed and barf in the hall and bathroom. :) Anyone who knows me knows I have an over active gag reflex. My wonderful husband, Mark, cleaned everything up! We all finally got back to bed about 2:00 am.

I got up about 6:30 Monday morning and went to the restroom. As I went to sit down, I found that the seat was still up from the middle of the night cleaning. I spent what felt like 15 minutes falling into the toilet (ladies, you know what I mean), only to catch myself with my right hand and hyperextend my thumb all the way back to my wrist. It hurt so bad. I couldn't curse, I couldn't cry, I could barley breath!

We finally got in to see the Dr about 3:00, who said Mavrick had a stomach bug and Michael needed an x-ray. We rushed over to the hospital, after going to the wrong place first. I must have looked pitiful, I know I was breathing hard - the office was about to close, but they let us come in! God bless those ladies! Michael did not have a fracture, only a sprain. The Dr wants him to stay off of it for a week. Did I mention he is 8? Umm...this would be a miracle. His last basketball game is this Saturday and when I mention NOT playing he starts to cry "It's my last game!" We put a "boot" on him this morning, so maybe, if he keeps it on, it will help!

No comments: