Sunday, December 20, 2009

Last Minute Shopping!

Shopping list – check; Good shoes – check; Cash – check; Kids at mom’s – check … In the morning my plan is to finish my Christmas shopping, then come back to mom and dad’s and wrap everything. I am excited about a few hours by myself. I move faster that way. I am just hoping that all the crazy people finished theirs this weekend.

I do get a bit apprehensive during this time of year. It seems that many people lose their minds and put all courtesy on a shelf in their closet, and just act like idiots! No one holds the door for you, especially if your hands are full of shopping bags (or you’re pushing a stroller!). Red lights mean “only two more cars can go,” just to make sure they stop traffic flow. And no one is smiling, just rushing around. The whole experience of shopping kind of takes the joy out of the giving part of the holidays – initially at least. And that brings me to tomorrow. I think this is why I have waited till the last minute.

No comments: