Wednesday, November 25, 2009

A Couple of Yogi

So, I have really gotten into Yoga lately. I am going to my gym on Saturday mornings and Monday nights. I really do enjoy it. You really must focus on your body for an hour. It is always fun to see if I can push myself to the next stage. There is always one step further to go, and you can’t think about anything else and do the poses too.

When we decided to come to the farm for the days before Thanksgiving, I decided to try to find a place in Weatherford to take Yoga. I looked on the internet and found a cute little shop right on the square called “Heartstring.” (www.heartstring.org ) They do yoga and beads. I went last Tuesday night by myself to see how it was. You never know what you are going to find at a new yoga studio. It was pretty normal, but nothing like the sessions I have been going to at LA Fitness. At my gym there are always at least 20 people there and it is HOT. They turn off the air! At Heartstring, there were 4 of us, including the instructor.

Feeling safe about it, I asked the instructor if I could bring my kids. She said that would be fine, and recommended the 4:30, because sometimes no one else comes. Yea! When it was time to go today, Mavrick wanted to go. He did really well and said that he LOVED it! He probably told me 20 times on the way home how much he enjoyed it. He can’t wait till we come back at Christmas so he can go with me again. I am thrilled that I have found a studio in Weatherford that I like and that will allow my kids to join us. We are both hoping that Michael will join us next time!

No comments: