Thursday, November 17, 2011

Ugh! This Child!

Michael. Yes, Michael! He has a Hate/Hate, no win relationship with Math. He has since maybe 1st grade. In 3rd grade, he would have the assignments, but put them, well stuff them into his desk when he got bored and not complete or turn in the assignments. It was that point that I decided I needed to either sit in school with him or bring him home... we know how that worked out.

So, his 5th grade and 6th grade Math teachers have become my best friends. Really, this year I get as many emails from Ms. Groce as anyone else on my contact list. I guess the part that pisses me off the most is that he is a smart kid. Real smart. Perhaps too smart for his own good. He gets bored with the repetition of Math. To add to this, he missed several days during the first and second six weeks, so it was easy to fall behind.

Bless his poor little heart though. Mom has been here since my surgery, and she loves math! And, those of you who know my mom, know he isn't getting away with anything while she is here. They have been sitting at the kitchen table for 2 hours working together to get him caught up on his Math. And I am confident that when he goes to school in the morning, he will have all his assignments caught up!

No comments: