Friday, September 16, 2011

Whaaaaat a week!

What a week this has been. Of course everyone started off dog tired on Monday, just because it was Monday I suppose. Tuesday we had Michael's follow up appointment at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital. It was a good appointment. He wasn't much, well any, better on Tuesday then he was when they saw him four months ago. They decided to increase the dosage of his injection. We will return in two months to see how the increase has worked, and if it is good, then great. If he has not improved they will add a medication. In the mean time, they want us to get an MRI done on his right foot, which is giving him a lot of trouble. As a matter of fact, his range of motion had decreased in that foot from our last TSRH visit. Michael and I had other Dr. appointments this week, so there was a lot of running around for us. Major has started "school" on Tuesday and Thursday, so I try to schedule as much as possible for when he is in school. When I am not able to make appointments on T/Th, mom comes over and stays with Major. We are so fortunate and blessed to have her so available to us! I don't know how we would make it without her! I went to my Dr this morning, and she and I are finding it medically necessary for me to have a hysterectomy. I think that all the problems I had after delivering Major blew holes in my uterus, and it has been a piece of junk since then. Anyway, it looks like that will happen in November, prior to Thanksgiving. Obviously, I am very nervous about the surgery aspect of it, but I am very much looking forward to all the other stuff! This afternoon is the "Howdy Dance" at Michael's school. He was very excited about this. I could tell that he was in pain this morning, but he didn't want to take crutches or his chair. He wanted to be able to walk into his first school dance. He is just an amazing little guy. He doesn't let it get him down most of the time, and whatever the situation is that day, he just deals with it. Only once or twice has he asked "why did this have to happen to me?" He is a blessing and an inspiration. Last weekend, I took the boys over to Mom's for some dirt bike riding. Michael has a pretty big Kawasaki dirt bike. Literally, it is big. Anyway, he has decided that he is not going to ride it. He doesn't feel good about it or secure, at all, so this afternoon, while Michael is at the dance, Mavrick, Major and I are going to look at a 4-wheeler for him. I think that it should be perfect. Michael does want to ride, but is scared of hurting himself. Hopefully he will feel more secure on 4 wheels! It also has an automatic start, where the dirt bikes have a kick start, and this will make it easier for him to be self sufficient on his own bike.

No comments: